Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Sick days, warm weather, and fun with friends

I'm sure those of you that are friends with me on facebook or my e-mail group know all about our sick week. Both kids came down with a fever and cough last Monday and as of today we are still dealing with an ear infection and congestion. Olivia was over it first, but poor Noah is still battling everything but fever. he actually only ran fever one day but his little body can't seem to get over all the rest. He is on an antibiotic for his ear infection and the meds have given him a horrible diaper rash. The poor kid can't win for losing. I'm sure the crazy weather doesn't help much either. It was in the 60's and 70's last week and is in the 40's today. I was just thankful for the beautiful weekend we had!! The sunshine and fresh air was very nice after a week of being cooped up. I'm looking forward to the warmer temps that are in the forecast for later this week.

Two weeks ago we went with some friends to this local indoor play place. It was divided up into different centers (water play, dress-up, store, kitchen, trains, sand, play dough, blocks, Lego's, slides, etc) and the kids loved it all!! We spent most of the morning playing then ate a sack lunch together in the food area. I didn't take very many pictures, but here are a few of the kids playing in what seemed to be the favorite area.
Water!!


Olivia's surprised face :-) Getting a smile for the camera out of that girl in almost impossible.


The sand table was also a big hit!


The kids LOVE their trampoline and are on it every single day. It is the perfect place to race cars and play chase together and Mommy loves that they can't fall off with the safety net.

We just recently signed up with Netflix and the kids are enjoying it a lot. We have been watching lots of Super Why and Leapfrog video. I promise they don't sit like this all day. They move to the TV and watch it through the Wii too. :-) Just kidding!! I have really tried to scale back on how much TV they watch throughout the day. (though our sick week find of threw those plans out the window) We watch a couple shows a day right now, usually in the morning and while I am cooking supper. Now that the weather is warming up and the days are longer I see less and less TV time in our future.

Well now I must run (not literally) and tackle a pile of laundry on my bed then make homemade pizza for supper. Happy Monday!!

 




No comments: