Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Open House means life will get busy

  
Last week was a bit crazy around here and I decided that blogging would have to be moved to the back burner for awhile. Our church hosted us a housewarming party on Saturday and I spent all last week cleaning and finishing up a few home improvement projects. We accomplished a lot and enjoyed having lots of friends and family over for open house. It's so nice to finally have the house decorated and comfortable. It takes me forever to make up my mind on how I want things to look or what I want to buy. I'm not sure I will ever be completely finished. :-)

 I know I promised to post pictures of Noah's room, but I still have a few more things I want to add. :-) That's just code to let you know that it's really not finished yet. I have so many ideas in my head and I can't make a final decision. I want something that is not to babyish (is that a word?) since he is almost 15 months. I'm thinking a animal theme (frogs, turtles, bugs) with plaid fabrics mixed in (blues, greens, and browns). I found one at Target (can't find online) and loved the colors. I just need to adapt it to work with a crib/toddler bed. I may end up making my own bedding if I can find the right fabrics. That would be a huge feat for my not so creative self, so we shall see... :-)

This week started off great! We went to a revival service at our old church last night and enjoyed visiting with friends and family there. We had plans to go back this evening, but the kids came down with a virus today. Olivia and Noah both have a cough and a low grade temperature. It seems to be going around right now and we decided to join in on the fun. On the positive side they both went down for naps without a peep today.

Last week I did a little clothes shopping for the kids. We have had a lot of warm weather here in the past few weeks and I was tired of digging through drawers everyday to come up with decent outfits. I found lots of cute stuff for Olivia at a few consignment sales we have had, but Noah has been harder to but for this year. I picked up several of these for him at Sam's and I found some cute t-shirts too. Now I just need to find a good deal on some camo, khaki, and navy shorts.

I have lots of pictures to share from last week, but I guess I will wait till later in the week to post them. Our laptop is on it's last leg and uploading pics tends to freeze it up or make it run super slow. We bought a new desktop last week, but we are waiting on the new desk to arrive before we put it together. It should be here tomorrow!

A uncompleted grocery list is calling my name so I guess I will answer. I need some creative juices to start running in my kitchen. I'm getting tired of the same old meals. If you have any recipes you are loving right now drop me a comment or email.

2 comments:

Christina Anderson said...

We have really been enjoying this for breakfast!

Oatmeal Casserole

Mix Together:
½ c butter, melted
2/3 c brown sugar or sucanat
2 eggs, beaten

Add:
3 c rolled oats
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 ½ c milk or yogurt



1.Preheat Oven 350 degrees
2.Grease 9 x 13 pan
3.Mix & Add according to above instructions
4.Bake for 27 min (a little longer if you want it a little drier)

Add Ins:
(after baking)
dried fruit, fresh fruit, nuts, drizzle with honey or maple syrup, chocolate chips

Great with breakfast meat or scrambled eggs on the side or all by itself! You can mix it up the night before, put it in your fridge, pop it in the oven the next morning! YUMMY!

Christina Anderson said...

I added a bit of vanilla this morning to the recipe and it's yummy!

Also - I DID NOT eat oatmeal until I made this casserole. I love it.