Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Kitchen Tip Tuesday: Bake don't Fry



My kitchen tip for today is fry less and bake more. This is such a healthy alternative for your family. One of the main things I love to bake is french fries. They taste just as good coming out of the oven compared to the deep fryer. Things like chicken tenders, fish, and hushpuppies have a great flavor baked too. Just think of all the calories you will be saving. :-)

Oven Fried Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast

1 stick butter, melted (I use light butter)

1 tube Ritz crackers, crushed ( I use reduced fat)

Salt and pepper chicken. Dip chicken breast in melted butter then roll in crushed Ritz cracker till coated. Place in greased 9x13 pan and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes then turn and bake another 30 minutes.

This is so much better than that greasy stuff from KFC!! :-)

For more kitchen tips go to Tammy's Recipes.com

1 comment:

Mom2fur said...

If I wasn't already making turkey breast for dinner, I'd make this. Ritz crackers for coating...yum! Definitely going to try this one later in the week!