Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Taking The Time To Stop And Consider...


My daily life has started to feel like a roller coaster to me and when I saw that Crystal Paine at MoneySavingMom.com was doing a series on Time Management, I knew I had to read them. Just so you get the idea of how anxious I was for this series I confess that I visited my google reader like 20 times on Monday just to see if she had posted Part 1 yet. :-)  Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 have already been posted and let me just say that they have been so convicting. I won’t try to expound on what she has shared, but I will share a few of my own thoughts.


I have come to realize just how much time I waste on a daily basis. I have a tendency to get overwhelmed with all my “to-do” list and I forget about relationships. I know being a homemaker is a very important part of my role and taking care of my home is a top priority. However, if I don’t have my relationship with God, my husband, my children, and others right then everything else I “accomplish” is vain. And by vain I mean “for show” or a pride issue. And if you neglect those whom you should care for the most, then their respect for the things you do will simply go away. Your walk with Christ is not about works first, it’s about learning to deeply love the God who died for you. It’s about seeking to know Him in a very intimate way. When you truly know your Savior then the obedience/works will follow. It’s called sanctification. How can you be like Jesus if you don’t know Him

I think this example flows over into our other relationships too. Spending quality time with our spouse and children means more to them than you working yourself to death so your house looks perfect or having a gourmet meal on the table every night. There is nothing wrong with these inherently. That is until you look at the bigger picture and realize that instead of sitting down and reading to my daughter, I rushed around the house doing this and that so we could get out the door to go do something else. Both my role as a mother and a homemaker suffered in this scenario.


I’ve said all this to say that I think it is time for me to stop and examine my priorities. I need to find balance in my role as a child of God, wife, mother, and as a member of the body of Christ. We will be moving in a couple weeks and I feel the need to change some things before I step into that “new” home. I know that for me the question of this blog always come up when I’m trying to simplify my life. For now though I don’t think this takes away from my family in anyway and since I don’t spend a lot of time here I plan to keep it going. But I have decided to remove the comment section. This doesn’t mean that I don’t enjoy your comments or the relationships I have established. I just feel the need to make this more of a journal type setting where I come to share my thoughts and feeings. I would love to still hear from all of you who follow or read my blog, so I’ve added an email page at the top of the blog. I’m so much better at responding through email. :-)

I’m planning to spend some time tomorrow working through some of these issues and I plan to be back soon with a more detailed look at how I’m going to manage my time wisely. Have a great day!!



No comments: