Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Goals for 2010

All around the blogging world people are sharing their goal/resolutions for the year 2010. I love to organize and make list so this is something I enjoy reading and participating in each year. Even though each goal might not be accomplished I enjoy the challenge. So here are my list of goals for the year.
Spiritual:
  1. Read through the Bible in a year
  2. Purpose to spend at least 30 minutes in Bible study each day
  3. Become more involved (serving) at our church

Personal:

  1. Exercise for 30 minutes 4 days a week (I will start this after my 6 week post-baby checkup)
  2. Lose back to pre-baby weight
  3. Read at least 1 book a month (I hope to read more but this is just a goal)
  4. Look into online college courses
  5. Learn how to use my new camera and improve my photography skills
  6. Learn how to use my sewing machine

Homemaking/Organization:

  1. Clean out all drawers and cabinets and organize them
  2. Decide on a cleaning/laundry system that works for me
  3. Spend more time in the kitchen coming up with more meal ideas and working on my baking skills
  4. Keep my coupon binder organized
  5. Follow the FlyLady's routine and deep clean one room each week (I hope to start this in February)

Financial:

  1. Pay off all debt by May 2010
  2. Continue saving for a house
  3. Save for college courses
  4. Continue building up medical/emergency fund
  5. Pay cash for all our "big" purchases (We will continue to use our debt card for things like groceries and eating out)

Blog:

  1. Limit my time on my blog as well as the time I spend reading blogs (30 minutes each morning and during nap-time each afternoon)
  2. Fast from the computer every Sunday
  3. Spend time off-line coming up with blogging ideas (pen and paper)
  4. Begin reading up on expanding my blog into a business one day

For the month of January I will be taking a bit of a break and adjusting to my new life as a mother of two. After spending a week in the hospital with Noah my children as well as my home need some attention. I will still be blogging but regular posting as well as a few of these goals will be on hold till February.

I hope everyone will experience a blessed 2010!!

2 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Great goals! I just wanted to mention something. I am currently enrolled in Whitefield College's distance learning program, and really like it a lot. It's reasonably priced, too. The website is whitefieldcollege.org.

Lindsay said...

I like your "fasting" from the computer on Sundays idea...I may have to do the same!