Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

15+ Meal Ideas for Menu Planning


The Happy Housewife is hosting Menu Planning 101 at her blog this month. Her first challenge was to come up with your top 15 meals that your family enjoys. I missed being able to link up to that post so I decided to show you what I do when coming up with meal ideas.


I recently compiled all of our favorite meals to one list and printed it for my Home Management Binder. I also like to use the websites like allrecipes.com and recipezaar.com when I'm needing to use certain ingredients for a meal. Here is my meal ideas master list.


Tacos
Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Fajitas (chicken, beef or mixed)
Nachos (chicken or beef)
Poppy Seed Chicken
Taco salads
Pineapple Chicken
Enchiladas (chicken or cheese)
Creamy Chicken Noodle
Mexican Chicken
Fish Sticks/Fillets
Mexican Spaghetti
Red beans and Rice w/ Polish Sausage
Fried Rice
Chicken Noodle Soup
Loaded Baked Potato
Vegetable Beef Soup
Tuna/Salmon Patties
Cheesy Potato Soup
Crock pot Chicken w/ Honey Mustard Sauce
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Beef Stew
Chicken and Rice
Chili
Chicken and Dressing
Spaghetti
Grilled Chicken Breast
Lasagna
Breaded Chicken Tenders
Parmesan Chicken
Chicken Nuggets
Pizza
Meatloaf
Chicken Alfredo
Ravioli (cheese or beef)
Chicken Tetrazzini
Sloppy Joes
Salisbury Steaks
Cube Steak
Steak
Beef BBQ
Hamburgers
Brisket
Roast
Ribs
Baked Ham
Turkey Roast
Pork Tenderloin
Turkey/Chicken Pot Pie
Sub Sandwiches
Breakfast/Waffles/Pancakes
Beans and Cornbread
Beef Stroganoff
Grilled Chicken Salad
BBQ Chicken
BBQ Pork
Chicken and Dumplings
This post is linked to:

1 comment:

Christina Anderson said...

love this post....I'm in the process of composing one of these for my home management binder also. where did you get your ideas for your home management binder? I started mine on my own but have ran across the fact that there are people out there who actually help you organize those. Do you just use your own or do you go off of one of those websites for organization tips for the binder?