Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

Making your Home a Haven: Showing Love and Kindness


I have been joining up with Tammy and her Making your Home a Haven Challenge and boy has it been a challenge!! I did great on my bedtime routine last week (I actually went to bed at 10 several times), but the morning routine went down hill after Monday. :-( I was gone a lot visiting with my mom at our family cabin and so Wednesday and Thursday were my catching up days here at home. I also decided to change some things around. In my routine I should actually be heading out the door soon to go grocery shopping but I decided to change Monday around and do my shopping this afternoon. Since Monday's are so hectic, I like to spend my mornings at home. I had planned on tweaking it anyway if it didn't work out for me.


The challenge for us this week is to show kindness and love to our family while we maintain our schedules/routines. Isn't this so hard to do when we get behind or overwhelmed?!?! So many times I find myself getting angry or upset with Olivia when she is fussy or very needy. I keep thinking that if I act this way with one child how will I be when I have several. This is the time I need to stop what I am doing and evaluate my priority's. Maybe I just need to hold her for awhile or play with her in the floor. I plan to work on this area of my life this week and see what good comes out of it for our family.

3 comments:

Allen & Holli said...

What a great post Lauren! I sometimes feel the same way with Anderson when he is so clingy and I can't get anything done around the house. It is so easy to get "busy" with our household chores that we forget that our higher calling right now at this point in our life is to nurture and admonish our children in the Lord. The housework will always be there, done or undone! I'm so thankful that I am able to be a stay-at-home mom as well, and I want to spend these days that I have at home with Anderson training him to be a Godly young man, teaching him & creating memories with him that will last him a lifetime.

Megan said...

Sometimes all our little ones need is a little attention and some good ol' fashioned cuddling! This can be so stressful as a parent though. We already have enough on our to do list so much so that it is hard to just step back and take a break. Good luck with your goal for this week.

littypod said...

Yeah I love this week's "mission". I don't have a kid yet, but I'd like to hope that I can remain patient and kind at all times with the expectation that they only be told once. But the same goes for your husband/boyfriend/whoever, sometimes you just get so comfortable with each other it's easier to lash out when you don't feel good because you know they will still be there, but at the same time it's just not fair.