Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Making Your Home a Haven: Evening Routine

Well I have to say my morning routine did not go as planned this morning. We have had a busy weekend (A wedding my husband was in and Easter with family) so I took the morning slow, caught up on some laundry, and spent time with Olivia. The schedule has been a great help to me in the past few weeks and has kept my focus on the task at hand before I move to another.
Olivia has benefited from this in that her naps are well scheduled out as well.

Showing love and kindness to my family this past week seemed to go better than I though it would. I tried to make a point of staying home several days last week and I can say that it left me less stressful, therefore less unkind. I continue to pray each day that God would give me a cheerful spirit even when times are tough. I want our family/home to radiate God's goodness and I believe having a kind and loving demeanor will portray just that.

This week Tammy ask us to come up with an evening routine and so here is mine.

Evening Routine:
1. Feed Olivia and put here to bed
2. Make sure all the dishes are washed
3. Walk through house and make sure everything is picked up and put in it's place.
4. Shower and/or get dressed for bed
5. Pray and Read with Eric
6. Read to myself in bed.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Looks like a great routine.

Laura Lou said...

Great reminder that being too busy can really wear us all down to the meany bone--and quickly!! As much as I hate errand days, I had to break mine down into two half days; one whole day of running about was WAY too long and my patience became WAY too short!! :D

Looks like a winning routine!