Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

Frugal Friday: Kids Clothing Storage

A couple months ago I was going through Olivia's closet and changing out her clothing sizes. She is outgrowing here clothes so fast it seems like I do this all the time. Because we do not have a lot of storage or closet space in our house I have to keep a lot of her clothes boxed up in our storage shed. I was always running to Wal-Mart or the dollar store for more plastic totes. One day Eric mentioned having empty paper boxes at his office and so I decided to try and use a few of them instead. They work great and it has definitely helped save this momma some money!!

For more Frugal Friday tips go to LIFEasMOM.com

2 comments:

Laura Lou said...

It is a challenge to store those outgrown or new-to-you hand-me-downs. I too used smaller bins, marking them with gender, size and season.

Luckily for my younger ones, the older two were meticulously clean as babes and tots. The littles are just the opposite, and their clothes go right to the garage sale pile in the garage!!

Buffie said...

I know what you mean about the cost of the totes adding up. My attic is getting full of totes of outgrown clothes. Last time I used one of the XXL Ziplock Bags that I got for free. Next time I will have to try some of the free paper boxes from work though. Thanks for the tip.