Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook: September 7


Outside my window…cloudy with a mist of rain falling.



I am thinking…about the wonderful time in the Word I had this afternoon. Our ladies bible study begins tomorrow and we doing a Precept study (Genesis 1)



I am thankful for…a God who has given me life. I pray that I will use this life he has given me to give Him glory.



I am praying…that our nation would fall on our faces before a holy God, repent, and seek to portray His likeness to the world. This begins with the family, in our homes, and as we make our way in this world.



From the kitchen…Chili is simmering in the crock-pot and I’m about to bake some chocolate chip cookies



I am wearing…a brown top, red skirt, and brown flip-flops



I am reading…I just finished “A Mother’s Hope” by Francine Rivers. I’m working my way through “A Place of Quiet Rest” by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. In my bible reading I’m reading through the book of Romans and studying the book of Genesis (Precept)



I am hoping…that the rain we receive this week will be enough for the farmers. It hasn’t rained in about a month.



I am creating…I’m printing pictures for my family photo albums. As the weather begins to cool and the days are become shorter, I’m getting ready to pull my sewing machine out and start a few projects



Around the house…everyone is napping, Pandora is playing in the background, the laundry is all washed and ready to be ironed or folded,



One of my favorite thing…September. We will be celebrating our anniversary, Olivia’s 2nd birthday, and going on vacation this month!!



A few plans for the rest of the week…looking at a potential house to buy tonight, bible study tomorrow, a trip to our family cabin to visit my family Thursday, cleaning, laundry, baking, and the weekend with my wonderful husband!!



And a picture…


1 comment:

Amy said...

Sounds like September is going to be busy and fun :-) We finally are going on vacation too! I can't wait to get away from the vacuum, dusting and laundry for a few days! Trust me, in a few months Olivia's mood and attitude will change for the better (if it hasn't already). Something about 18 months to about 22 months was tough... slowly things are getting easier as we get closer to 2 and a half. I hope things are going well these days!