Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

So how has your week been...

We have had a fun week around these parts! Last week we had a huge ice/sleet/snow storm that lasted for 2 days. This meant we would be stuck inside for several days so I decided to make the most of it all. Friday became wake up, take baths, put clean pajamas on, and watch movies day. :-) Eric worked at the office until the storm started to get worse around 2, then he came home to join us. We had just started another movie when the electricity started to blink. It finally went out for good at 4 so we loaded up and tracked down to my in-law's (they live right behind us) to enjoy their gas fireplace heat. The guys went outside to work on the generator (keeps the kitchen appliances going) and the kids and I played inside with Mawmaw and Mimi (great-grandma). Well wouldn't you know that just about the time they got the generator going and the lanterns burning, the lights came back on. They went off and on for several hours after that so we decided to stay the night just in case. We all cuddled up and watched movies, played the Wii, and read all weekend. Our church was cancelled Sunday and my sister-in-law and her kids (her hubby was away on business) came to join us that afternoon. We had a lot of fun despite the bad weather.



My week has been rather calm and slow. Monday I caught up on laundry and Tuesday Olivia stayed with my mom while Noah and I traveled with my husband. Eric has to make a three hour drive bi-weekly to a job site they are working on and I decided to go with him this week. After his meeting we ate lunch at Red Lobster *YUMMY* and did a little shopping at Sam's and Target. The closest Target for us is 45 minutes away so I like to shop there when I get the chance. I purchased my sisters birthday present and then browsed around in the baby clothes. We also bought the Up and Up (Target brand) diapers to try out. I have heard they are comparable to Huggies so I thought we would give them a whirl. Has anyone else tried these and liked them?? I haven't opened them yet, but I will let you know what I think about them soon.

It is cold and rainy here today and we are just trying to keep warm. I went grocery shopping with Noah this morning while Olivia went to her great-grandma's and played with her cousin Jackson. He is 4 years old but they get along great. We are also going to eat supper at my parents tonight so I made so No Bake Cookies for dessert. I love to cook desserts when I know it will be leaving my house. I have a sweet tooth and can't keep that stuff in the house for very long. And speaking of recipes, I made this Striped Delight last week for some friends we had over and it was a big hit!! I found the recipe on Darby's blog along with this Egg Salad recipe I made for lunch yesterday (scroll to the bottom for the recipe). Her pictures are the bomb! :-)

Well I'm off to fold laundry, pour me a Diet Coke (another love of mine), and cuddle with my babies. I would love to hear your comments. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

We call this "Magic Cookies" in Alabama...because some how they manage to 'magically' disappear. Yummy!

Allen & Holli said...

Hey Lauren! I use the Target Up & Up diapers for Anderson during the day. They are pretty good, but I don't think I would compare them to Huggies. They work great for daytime though. I buy a case of Huggies at Sam's to use during the nighttime. Those are the only diapers I've found that will last him through the night!

Melinda said...

Sounds like you had some wonderful days! I'm glad you had some time to relax and to spend with your family.