Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

Pineapple Chicken

Here is the recipe and photos I promised earlier this week in my meal plan. We had this dish last night and it was delicious!! Hope you try this yourself and enjoy it as much as we did.
Pineapple Chicken:
First you take 3-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast and pan fry them in olive oil. I battered mine with flour, salt, and pepper. Cook on medium heat till both sides are browned. I think I did 5-7 minutes per side. Next prepare your sauce. Mix together 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup soy sauce (I used the low sodium kind) and the juice off a 20 oz can of crushed pineapple in heavy syrup.


Place chicken in whatever size pan will hold the amount of chicken you use. Pour sauce over the top and cover with foil. Then place this in a pre-heated 350 oven for 45 minutes.



Remove from oven, take off the foil, and cover chicken with crushed pineapple. Bake for an additional 15 minutes without the foil.



We served ours with brown rice and steamed broccoli!!



And these were the only leftovers :-)



1 comment:

Melinda said...

Wow! Sounds like something I would enjoy.