Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook: July 20

For Today...

Outside my window... it is getting a little cloudy. There is rain in the forecast for tonight.

I am thinking…that babysitting 8 year old twin boys is hard work. :-)

I am thankful for.. the beautiful fall like weather we had this past weekend!!

From the kitchen... my mother-in-law made a yummy lunch consisting of meatloaf, potatoes, green beans, cream style corn, and biscuits!! So we are keeping supper simple: Sub sandwiches and chips.

I am wearing... gray cotton capris and a royal blue t-shirt.
I am reading... still trying to finish Created to be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl.

I am hoping... that our garden starts producing soon. We got a late start planting and now the animals can't seems to stay out of it :-(

I am creating... hopefully some jellies this week.

I am hearing... the boys playing in the living room.

Around the house.... the floor needs swept but it is really pointless till the boys go home in a couple hours, a load of laundry in the dryer, and I still need to type up my menu plan that hangs on the fridge.

One of my favorite things... letters from friends. Which reminds me that I need to be writing one myself.

A few plans for the rest of the week... visiting my mom and siblings, cleaning, a visit to the library, and possibly a baking day.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
She climbed in and couldn't get back out. :-)

1 comment:

LB said...

hey Lauren, thanks for stopping by my blog. I noticed that you like Beverly Lewis. I do too. I love to get lost in a good story. It is a form of escape, isn't it? I also notice that you are reading a book about being a help mate. Do you have other suggestions for good wife/mothering books?