Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Honey Bun Cake and A Little Bit of Mitford.

Yesterday I was baking for our weekly family dinner and I thought I would share some pictures and the recipe.
For anyone who has never read or listened to the Mitford series I highly recommend it to you. This is the dramatized version of the first book put out by Focus on the Family Radio Theater. It had been a while since I last listened to this and I wanted something to pass the time while I was in the kitchen.
Just getting started!!


Half way there....



All done. Yummy!!
Honey Bun Cake:
1 Yellow or Butter cake mix (Set aside 1/2 cup of cake mix for filling)
1/4 cup milk
2 sticks butter (margarine) softened
4 eggs
8oz. sour cream
Filling:
1/2 cup cake mix
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup chopped nuts. I use pecans. (optional)
2 tsp. cinnamon
Icing:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp vanilla
Heat oven to 350 degrees, grease 9x13 pan. Beat all cake ingredients together on med speed for 2 minutes. Spread 1/2 batter in the pan. Stir together filling mixture and sprinkle over batter. Spread remaining batter over the top and bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. As soon as you remove the cake from oven, poke with fork all over, mix together icing and drizzle all over cake. Cool 1 hour before serving.



No comments: