Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Another Busy Day.

Life keeps on going even when you need it to slow down and stop for a little while. We have another busy day ahead of us. Eric just headed out the door to go and do some remodeling work on the building we have chosen for our new church plant. I still have Christmas presents galore to wrap and I need to do some baking. We also have to clean my husbands office (something we do for extra money) and go to a Christmas party tonight. And there are several other things we had to say no to including a funeral this afternoon.

Why is it that during a time when we should be focusing on our Savior and are families that other things get in the way and take control? I realize that it is just as much are fault because we choose to say yes instead of no. I understand that sometimes things just happen and you have to go but I think that as a keeper of my home it needs to be my job to draw my family into the home and closer together. There is a reason for this season and that is Jesus Christ. So I have decided that this week before that hustle and bustle of the week of Christmas, I am going to focus on my family and doing things that benefits the glory of Christ in our home.

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2:11

No comments: